Meet at Heidelberg #1
This past weekend, we had a meet at Heidelberg, which had pretty good competition throughout the meet. I was going to run the 1500m, 800m, and 4x400m because I had run the 5k the previous weekend. It all started with me waking up a bit earlier than the last weekend, which was very noticeable that morning. I then prepared for the meet and walked down to the bus to help load. We left around 8:30, and the bus ride itself took about two and a half hours. While on the bus, I tried to fall asleep to get more rest, but was unable to for whatever reason. This just made me feel pretty tired when we arrived. I went for my typical pre-meet shakeout, but it didn't feel as good as it should've. After that, I went back to camp, waited, and prepped for my race that was to come. On the meet schedule my race was suppose to start at 12:50, so as usual I headed over to the start line and started to stretch and go through drills. After do a few drills I decided to put my spikes on 10 minutes before the race as I normally do. However, I noticed people lining up at the start and then that's when my coach came over and told me they were starting the race 12:40 because of a schedule change. So, I had to get up to the line without much prep, which definitely didn't help the cause. I got up to the line fixing my uniform and barely making it in time. Overall, that race went well surprisingly; I placed alright and got a new PR of 4:10 (which probably could have been a fair bit better, as I kind of felt tight throughout the race, due to my lack of stretching). Next up was the 800m, which was about an hour apart from the 1500m so I had some time to relax and wait. The 800m was a bit more strategic the way it went, people were going out hard and sort of dying at the end. I ended up place a bit better than I had previously and tied my high school junior year PR of 2:03. I felt like I could've done better here too, because I had a fair bit left at the end.
Comments
Post a Comment