Workout
The workout that I ran yesterday was very draining due to the very hot and muggy weather that was present during it. The air was thick and there were no clouds. I began with a 2 mile warm up that really allowed me to experience the heat. Of course I was partially dehydrated, with a dry mouth throughout the whole workout. The workout it self was 4x600 at 5k pace, 3x300 at mile pace, then 3x200 at a very intense pace with 2:30 rest between each. For the 600s I was given the time at which I wanted to be around which stuck in my mind until I started. I ran below that time each and every 600 even when I had the wind going against me. My mouth was super dry throughout these 600s and the water that I had at the line was pretty hot even though I purposefully hid it from the sun. Once I was done with the 600s a huge mental barrier was torn down as I was very confident in myself regardless of the conditions of the workout itself. The 300s were quick, but the rest I received made them not as bad as they may have seemed at first. The last 100 of the 300 was the toughest part to fight through and continue the pace with. After the 300s I was feeling pretty good besides my dry mouth. The 200s went by very fast and I ran them very well going below the target time, which was a very good way to finish the workout. After the workout I went for a 2 and a half mile cool down that was very tiring as the heat had really messed me up. You could definitely tell that I hadn't drank as much water as I should've and that this was something I was going to have to improve upon in the future. Overall, the workout went very well as went below the target time each and every time. It wasn't the most fun workout ever due to the heat, wind, and dry mouth that I had but I definitely got the work in that I needed to and that's what counts.
Comments
Post a Comment