Training and Thoughts
So far in my early collegiate career, training has been consistent, but inconsistent at the same time. We have a general schedule and structure of the program, but the days of which we will do certain things is pretty inconsistent, which isn't a bad thing due to all the weird dates and time effected by covid. For the most part we have been running a long run every other week, which for me is around 12-16 miles. Then we will have at least 1-2 workouts a week depending on the date of our meet, or whether or not we are competing. Between these days we have just mileage days that are meant to be recovery days, but also work days. I tend to go 8-10 on my mileage days, which I plan on extending this summer, along with my long runs. Before each race we have a very low mileage day to recover, but still keep things moving (usually 4 miles). On days that I feel sore I will go on the bike, which isn't the most fun (especially with the most uncomfortable seat ever). On workout days we have been doing a lot of intervals and fartleks as of late, but early in the season we did way more tempo runs and more intense training.
Overall, I think my training has gone very well. I have noticed many improvements in the way I run and the way I compete. I feel like I am more aggressive due to an increase in strength that I've got from getting at least 600ft of elevation every run. Since I'm not totally used to the increase in elevation gain, I think that when I come back to campus after the summer my strength will increase so much that I will be unmatched and insanely good. The progression of my distance career has been insane and I expect to be improving exponentially as usual. My confidence is very high right now and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store, and I hope that my first collegiate XC season will be exceptional. Can't wait to see it!
Comments
Post a Comment