Dog Attack #1
It was a beautiful spring day about a month ago, and I wanted to explore a new area on my long run day. After we met at practice and talked about the normal stuff, I was thinking of what specific route I wanted to explore. I thought about many different options, as long runs have many possibilities in this area (many long routes with roads that branch out). I decided I would go to a route that I knew of and liked a bit first, then from there go out more until I would approach a random side street to explore. A reminder that the area around our campus is very hilly wide open and there aren't many side streets, or side roads, so finding a new is definitely a nice feeling. Also, keep in mind that this area is out in the middle of nowhere pretty much, so people don't feel the need to leash up their dogs, which as you can guess has something to do with this story. Anyways, I had run the route that I was familiar with and now it was time to run out more and explore a new route. I continued on the old route, until I ran into a side street that looked like a new scenic route, so I went there. At first I liked it, very scenic and unique. However, as I went up the hill this would quickly change as a dog came charging after me. I was shocked, but went with my normal routine of stopping and letting the dog sniff me, but it didn't seem as if this dog was going to stop. I was backing away from the charging dog and was getting ready to kick the dog, as I thought he was going to attack me. As I was backing up I fell back unnoticeably cutting my hand and about to kick it. However, I got lucky as the owners came out and called for the dog, and the dog went away for now. I continued on my way and stopped next door where the neighbor asked me if I was okay, or if the dog had gotten me. After that short conversation I went on and continued with the route which seemed pretty nice besides my previous experience.
Comments
Post a Comment