Goals for My Sophomore Season
I have many goals for my sophomore season, and even though my freshman season hasn't even finished yet I still have somewhat of an idea of what I want to accomplish in the near future a.k.a next year. For Cross Country I will be experiencing a new race as I haven't had a XC season yet do to covid uncertainty during this past fall. However, for cross country I want to get around the 25:00 mark for the 8k which may seem quick, but with my progress this year and plan for summer mileage I really do think that I can accomplish this. I honestly feel as if I could accomplish this because I have already ran a 5 mile tempo run at 26:50, which had it been race pace I could have gone way lower. That is my goal for XC next year, hopefully it's good enough for placing well at regionals, but we will have to wait and see. As for track I have many ideas of where I will be at because of we did get a track season this year. For the 5k I plan on running around low 15:00s as I currently have run a 15:46. During that 15:46 race I was on pace for a 15:20, but wasn't strong enough to hold it for the last mile which is something I believe that I will be able to do next year. For the 1500m I would like to run sub 4:00, which I believe is possible because I have already run a 4:10 1500m even though I was rushed to the line. For the 800m I would enjoy it if I could end up getting a sub 2:00. I have ran the 800 a couple times this year and have come up with a 2:03 which is where I was at during my junior year of high school. However, I believe that I can go sub 2:00 with continuous work on my speed and strength. Overall, I hope to accomplish these goals for my next year of collegiate running and I think that I should e able to because of my continuous improvements in training. Until then I will be working towards my 5k for this season, so wish me luck!
Comments
Post a Comment