Meet at Heidelberg Continued #2
The final race of the day was the 4x400m and I was the anchor leg. There was about 2 hours from the 800m to the 400m giving me a fair amount of time to rest. I didn't really expect our team to do as well as we did. We held 1st throughout the whole race, and then I received the baton putting the pressure on myself to keep that 1st position. I knew that I was going to have to keep going quick throughout the race if I wanted to secure us the victory, so that is what I did. As I came about the final 200m I remember hearing the other team cheer on their runner who according to them "was right behind me". However, this turned out to be false as I would come to figure out after our race. I ran a 54 a tie to my old PR, or new PR (can't remember), this was an acceptable time for me considering all that I had done prior to this race. I had run 3 PRs/tied PRs, which made me fell pretty good, even though I felt as if I could've done a little bit better in some aspects of my racing and preparation. So overall, my day started off in a weird fashion, but as the day went on I realized that I was actually doing pretty well, regardless of what I thought. I enjoyed my time there and had fun, so at the end of the day it was a good one (even though I didn't do as well as I could have in my opinion).
For this upcoming week I will not be racing in order to prepare for conference, which is the week after this weekend. I will be running the 5k at conference and I would like to PR once more before the season comes to an end. In replacement for the missing meet I will be doing a workout that will help me stay sharp for the upcoming event. I think I'm peaking at the right time, which is a huge confidence booster for me.
Comments
Post a Comment