Same Route Different Obstacle

 About a week ago, I was at Track practice and it was a mileage day. So after gathering around our coach and having him update us on the training I went off. I decided that I wanted to go to a route that I hadn't been to in a while, so I did. This route was a 8 mile out and back that had a fair amount of hills in it. I hadn't done it in a while, but I did remember all the elements and potential obstacles of it. This included several dogs that were usually not leashed. As I ran out, I took a mental note of this and remembered the potential interference that might have occurred. As I approached the portion with the dogs (about 3 miles in) I didn't see the first one that would be there and all was good, until I saw the a dog by a down hill in the corner of my eye. I knew this dog and knew he would chase me if I went down the hill, so I did a slight sprint down the hill. When I got to the bottom of the hill there was another place with a bunch of dogs up ahead. However, most of of the time these dogs were fenced in, so I didn't see any reason to worry. Noticed how I said "most", this time there was a decently sized one that I had never seen before. Immediately it chased after me, which caused me to sprint up a hill up ahead. Normally I would just stop if I didn't know them and let them sniff me, but this time I had some ground on him so I just went for it. Being slightly tired from my previous dog encounter sprinted up the hill as I talked about earlier. At the top, I took a breather and looked down at the dog who luckily wouldn't leave his property. I then continued on my route, but forced myself to run a different road rather the dog infested one. The rest of the run was pretty uneventful until I encountered yet another dog waiting to go inside its home. Luckily this ones hearing was very bad, or he just didn't care about me (which I find hard to believe :( ). I ran past the dog with ease and finished my run off on a good and uneventful note.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet at Heidelberg #1

Workout

Training and Thoughts