Summer Mileage Plan

 This summer will be different than any previous one as I will be running more than I ever have in my whole entire life. I will be extending my standard mileage from 8 miles to 9 miles, which may not sound like much more, but it adds up. My long run days will go from at least 12 miles to at least 16 miles. This means I will be running 70 miles a week, every week. Just a couple years ago I was running a bit below 50 miles a week, which is kind of hard to believe because it seems like such a long time ago as I have been going between 60-65 during this track season. I plan on running on my long runs on the towpath back at where I live; the towpath is a long flat gravel path that extends on forever. I look forward to summer running, as I really do enjoy just running mileage a whole bunch. This increase in mileage will help me explore new routes and make scenic runs last a bit longer. As for the pace, I intend on keeping it around 6:50 pace, but I won't hesitate to raise it to 7:00-7:10 if I'm not feeling as good as I should. Currently, I'm going at around the pace of 6:50-7:00, so I won't running that much quicker just extending the mileage that I will be doing. I am unsure when I will run, as I do enjoy both morning and night runs. This will probably depend on when my teammates or friends back up home want to run. I am also looking for work, so that may force me to run in the mornings or in the afternoons. Overall, I very excited for this increase in mileage as it should make me better than I currently am, which is always something I always look forward to. Just something about running in the warm whether and then eating something cold, or just getting hit by a breeze makes the warm runs feel so much better than most (doesn't beat the Fall). To conclude this post, I look forward to the summer and hope that my runs will be as fun as I'm imagining. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet at Heidelberg #1

Workout

Training and Thoughts