OAC Elite Meet

 About a week ago I competed at the OAC Elite Meet, which I was very excited for the morning of. I remember waking up and convincing myself that today was going to be a great day with a perfect race.  However, the meet was about an hour and a half away, which lowered my pre-race hype a fair bit, but this wasn't all that occurred as I arrived at the meet early in the morning and didn't race or even warm up until around 7-8 o-clock. For most of the time at the meet, I just relaxed and didn't worry about school or anything of that type. By the time the race was about to start I had lost most of the hype for this race and it seemed that I wouldn't be able to get it back, that was until I started to prep for the race. I saw the previous races and how intense they were and then I thought about the competition field and why I should be hyped going into the race. Turned out this was good as I ran very well, on pace for a 15:20 5k, but ended with a 15:46 from fatigue that began to come up my last mile in. In all it wasn't perfect, but it did land me a nice PR, which made the outcome somewhat acceptable. All that sitting, waiting, and spectating was in the end worth it, as I PR'd and raced in an almost perfect race environment. The temperature was a bit nippy, but when running was perfect, apply this with little wind and no rain, and you have an almost perfect race condition (in my mind). Our bus was a bit late, but I didn't care because of my race results. In all a crazy long day with nice results.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet at Heidelberg #1

Workout

Training and Thoughts